Published: Sat, July 08, 2017
World Media | By Shelia Harmon

UK Police Say More People Might Be Involved in Manchester Attack

UK Police Say More People Might Be Involved in Manchester Attack

Cops have revealed Manchester attacker Salman Abedi was living off student loans before orchestrating the horror attack that claimed the lives of 22 people.

Mr Jackson said attempts to speak to Hashem Abedi were part of an "ongoing" process but he refused to elaborate or say whether British police had travelled to Libya.

A 19-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of terrorism offences at Liverpool John Lennon airport in connection with the Manchester Arena attack.

Police said, as it stands, 23 people have been arrested in connection with the investigation, of which two were quickly de-arrested, and 20 were released without charge.

He confirmed that police now wanted to interview brother Hashem Abedi, who was arrested in Tripoli after the attack at an Ariana Grande concert.

Survivors of the attack outside the Manchester Arena after the terror attack in May.

Suicide bomber Salman Abedi is believed to have worked with a network of people.

It is said to be liaising with the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) and Libyan authorities.

Detective Chief Superintendent Russ Jackson, head of the North West Counter Terrorism Unit (NWCTU) told reporters: "We don't have evidence of a large network. We do however believe further arrests are possible".

The bomber's younger brother, Hashem, was arrested in Libya shortly after the explosion, along with their father, Ramadan.

Police have previously revealed they believed Abedi had bought bomb parts just days after arriving in the United Kingdom from Turkey.

The police have also said that calls Abedi made on the night of the attack are also being investigated.

Like this: